HR ABAP Logical Database
Posted June 14, 2007on:
A logical database is a special ABAP/4 program which combines the contents of certain database tables. Using logical databases facilitates the process of reading database tables.
HR Logical Database is PNP
Main Functions of the logical database PNP:
Standard Selection screen
To use logical database PNP in your program, specify in your program attributes.
Standard Selection Screen
Date selection delimits the time period for which data is evaluated. GET PERNR retrieves all records of the relevant infotypes from the database. When you enter a date selection period, the PROVIDE loop retrieves the infotype records whose validity period overlaps with at least one day of this period.
Person selection is the ‘true’ selection of choosing a group of employees for whom the report is to run.
· The standard sort sequence lists personnel numbers in ascending order.
· SORT function allows you to sort the report data otherwise. All the sorting fields are from infotype 0001.
· You can suppress input fields which are not used on the selection screen by assigning a report class to your program.
· If SAP standard delivered report classes do not satisfy your requirements, you can create your own report class through the IMG.
Data Retrieval from LDB
1. Create data structures for infotypes.
INFOTYPES: 0001, “ORG ASSIGNMENT
0002, “PERSONAL DATA
0008. “BASIC PAY
2. Fill data structures with the infotype records.
Read Master Data
Infotype structures (after GET PERNR) are internal tables loaded with data.
The infotype records (selected within the period) are processed sequentially by the PROVIDE – ENDPROVIDE loop.
PROVIDE * FROM Pnnnn BETWEEN PN/BEGDA AND PN/ENDDA
If Pnnnn-XXXX = ‘ ‘. write:/ Pnnnn-XXXX. endif.
All infotype records are time stamped.
IT0006 (Address infotype)
01/01/1990 12/31/9999 present
Which record to be read depends on the date selection period specified on the
selection screen. PN/BEGDA PN/ENDDA.
IT0006 Address – 01/01/1990 12/31/9999 present
RP-PROVIDE-FROM-LAST retrieves the record which is valid in the data selection period.
For example, pn/begda = ’19990931′ pn/endda = ’99991231′
IT0006 subtype 1 is resident address
RP-PROVIDE-FROM-LAST P0006 1 PN/BEGDA PN/ENDDA.
Other HR Links :